Environment and Sustainability Professional with 15+ years of experience in the field of Environmental Management | Corporate Sustainability | EHS
Welcome, and thanks for visiting my website! I invite you to take a moment and look around, to learn more about my background, experience, skills and how we could potentially work together. Simply contact me.
A self-motivated and result-driven environmental professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering.
Over the last fifteen years I have been working in the field of Sustainability, sustainability strategy, climate change, environment management, voluntary disclosures, business excellence, sustainability performance assessment, biodiversity, LCA, industrial safety, energy management, and others. I have handled policy work, research, capacity building and consulting assignments for various industry sectors; have worked with government and industry; and am familiar with emerging concepts, issues and opportunities for businesses.
A subject matter expert from corporate team, I am responsible for driving sustainability performance across the organisation. These include target setting, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, legal compliance, bench-marking, auditing, and engaging with the stakeholders & communication of sustainability initiatives.
At every stage, I have tried to demonstrate skills of leadership, team work, negotiations, clarity in thought and communication, and also shown keen interest in training. My resourceful approach has helped in problem-solving, and relationship management. This, coupled with consulting skills in Sustainability, has helped me convey meaningful information clearly to all the stakeholders. The underlying strength has been the knowledge of environmental systems and practices from multiple sectors.
All the projects I managed necessitated a high degree of planning, monitoring, review and impact assessment. This led to development of management plans to minimize environmental liabilities & risks, and maximize the efficient use of resources. The experience also includes interactions with clients for whom solutions were being developed in the domains of water, carbon and energy.
My long-term career plan is to excel in sustainability consulting in a lead position. I aspire to be an active contributor in Industry and navigate diverse teams across various levels, functions and sites. My constant endeavor is self-development; and ability to facilitate at fora, publish technical papers, represent / promote business at various national and international platforms.
As a natural born go-getter, my passion has continuously driven me to expand my knowledge, experience, and relationships. With a strong background and diverse skill set, I’m confident in the creative ideas and successful solutions I bring to the table. Keep exploring my site to learn more information about me, and reach out directly with any questions.
As a professional in my field, I’ve had the opportunity to hold a variety of roles in many different companies throughout the years.
Take a look below to learn more about my background and experience. Details are furnished in my resume.
- Manage Corporate Sustainability function for various listed companies of JSW group.
- Conceptualize, Develop & Implement Environmental Sustainability framework, measure and monitor objectives and performance.
Sustainability & Domain consultant in the Eco Sustainability Unit of the organization.
- Execution and Delivery to lead projects & define the sustainability performance solution framework in Environment, Water and Waste management developed approaches and methodologies.
- Business Development in India, USA and Europe | Headed projects in Sustainability, Water Management & Competency development for team.
- Lead a team of Technical Associates, Business & Financial Model Analysis for designing & implementation of solutions.
- Project Management of Inter-linkage project of Water audit, Hydraulic modelling, GIS mapping for 40 utilities across Maharashtra state.
- Conducting Lectures & Practical’s of B.Tech. (Civil) & M.Tech. (Environment)
- Research on various topics related to Environment Sustainability and Water management
- Designing of structures for efficiency in electrical consumption and effective usage of Rain water.
- Undertaking Building drawings, Surveying, Measurements & Estimations, and Costing.
- Liaising with other designers, including architects, for safe and optimal designs.
- Assisting the Head Engineer in Structural Designing and Billing
PG Diploma [Urban Management Tools for Climate Change], IHS - Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Masters in Technology, Environmental Engineering, VJTI, Mumbai, India
Bachelors in Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mumbai University, Mumbai, India
Life Cycle Assessment
Occupational Health & Safety
To provide a tangible showcase of my work, I’ve included a portfolio of my most recent projects. Take a moment to explore below, and reach out if you’re interested in learning more about what I have to offer.
- Secured GATE Candidature & full Scholarship for M-Tech (Environmental Engineering)
- EnMS Internal Auditor ISO 50001:2011
- Integrated Reporting by CII
- Lead auditor: Environmental Health & Safety Management Systems (EHSMS), ISO 140001 & OHSAS 18001
- ROBECCOSAM for capacity enhancement on Dow Jones Sustainability Indices & Sustainability reporting
- Biodiversity with Confederation of Indian Industries as part of International Business Biodiversity Initiative (IBBI)
- Water Audit, Leakage Control & Rectification methods
- Macroeconomics for a Sustainable Planet (SDG Academy)
- Transformational Capacity Development Process aligned with SDG Agenda 2030 South Asia (Call of Leaders program for paradigm shift)
- CII : certified Sustainability Assessor
- Ongoing Women Leadership Program (IIM Bangalore)
- UN CEO Water Mandate, Water Conclave, IWWA (International Water Works Association)
- GRI workshops on Sustainability reporting for Sustainable development
- Business and Human rights by CII
- SME at CDP workshops
- India Business Bio Diversity Initiative (IBBI)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Water Conservation Management :
Feasibility study & execution of Rain water Harvesting and Water Management Projects for the upliftment of rural villages in Maharashtra in association with Burhani Foundation India